Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Removing a Drive from RAID 0

cinomadic
Beginner

Hello,
I bought my computer as a custom workstation from an online store many years ago. I've gotten a new computer and I wish to sell some of the disk drives from the old computer.

The 4 Intel DC S3500 Series 800GB SATA III SSD are in RAID0 with a MARVELL controller. They are not the OS drive.

I have a couple questions:

1. How can I remove the RAID 0 so that they return to individual drives ?
  2. How can I remove the drives safely from my computer?

Thank you!

4 Intel DC S3500 in RAID 04 Intel DC S3500 in RAID 0

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Not sure why you are asking this here. It is a good question -- for Marvell. It is their RAID controller.

That said, I happen to have a Marvell RAID controller. You use CTRL-M during BIOS POST to enter their configuration utility. From there, you can remove the drives from the RAID array(s).

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Not sure why you are asking this here. It is a good question -- for Marvell. It is their RAID controller.

That said, I happen to have a Marvell RAID controller. You use CTRL-M during BIOS POST to enter their configuration utility. From there, you can remove the drives from the RAID array(s).

...S

0 Kudos
cinomadic
Beginner

Thank you for the reply, @n_scott_pearson ! I barely know what I'm doing. I'm so glad you have a Marvell controller to be able to impart this information to me. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos