Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Servicio Intel RST

Elio1
Beginner

Estimados.

Es la primera vez que ingreso a la comunidad y registro un mensaje o pregunta.

Mi SO es Windows 10  y esta instalado el Servicio Intel RST (16.8.3.1003) y siempre indicaba que estaba en ejecución.

Hace unos días que me indica que no está en ejecución.

He visto en internet y en la Comunidad que para este problema hay que actualizar los controladores, pero ya tengo instalado la ultima versión del RST.

Si abro la aplicación me indica que: estado actual: el sistema funciona normalmente.

Podrían, por favor, indicarme cual es el problema, cuales son las consecuencias y cual sería la posible  solución.

Gracias.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Are you actually using RST? That is, are you using (or intend to use) RAID or have an Optane module installed? If not, you have no need to have it RST installed. I suggest that you uninstall RST completely.
Usually, we see this kind of report from folks with Dell computers. The idiots at Dell always install RST, even if it is not needed. It is almost like they are trying to generate support calls.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Elio1
Beginner

Estimado Scott.

Gracias por responder.

Tengo instalado el RST porque tengo instalado en mi PC un modulo Optane (SSD+Optane), por eso fue mi pregunta de que indica que no está en ejecución.

Si desinstalo el RST, el modulo Optane y la PC funcionarán igual como con el RST  en ejecución ¿?.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is correct. The RST 'capabilities' are implemented by the engine in the PCH (chipset) component and the Windows device driver. You do not have to have the RST GUI or any other application-level code running for it to work -- but you do need the GUI working to manage your RAID or Optane volumes.

Now, do you have the Optane module activated and currently accelerating your SSD? If not, you definitely need to get it working to take advantage of the capability. I would uninstall RST, reboot and the install RST again.

BTW, the most common reason for RST not working is because the RST capability in the chipset is not enabled. This is done in BIOS Setup.

...S

0 Kudos