Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

SetupOptaneMemory.exe Won't Install

DGrov1
Beginner

Hello,

Just built a new system with 32Gb Optane memory added to mother board. When running the SetupOptaneMemory.exe it shows the following error: UNSUPPORTED CHIPSET

Steps I've tried:

-Got the latest drives via Intel Driver & Support Assistant

-Intel SSD Toolbox is seeing the Optane card in the motherboard with the correct size. It say my motherboard can support Optane but the ENABLE button is grayed out.

-Followed all steps for Optane memory setup for the motherboard manufacturer and have confirmed all steps several times.

-100% new installation of Windows 10, nothing installed at all.

-Confirmed this chipset is supported.

Error from IntelOptaneMemory.log file:

2019:02:10 13:20:37:956:  Loading language 0409

2019:02:10 13:20:37:956:  Setup mode: Installation

2019:02:10 13:20:37:956:  === CpuChecker: Your CPUID is 0x906ec

2019:02:10 13:20:37:956:  === CpuChecker: Your CPU is not supported

2019:02:10 13:20:37:956:  === Device Enumerator: Starting enumerating all devices of type PCI

CPU Details:

Intel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

ManufacturerGenuineIntelDescriptionIntel64

Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12Architecturex64

# of Cores8

# of Threads16

Current Clock Speed3600 MHz

Current Voltage9.

Level 2 Cache2048 Kb

Level 3 Cache16384 Kb

Processor IdBFEBFBFF000906ECAvailabilityRunning at full power 

Thank you,

-DG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1 Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DGrov1
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the delay. I've attached the requested items.

Appreciate the help!

-DG

0 Kudos
DGrov1
Beginner

..other requested image.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1 Thank you for your reply. We reviewed the information you provided and based on the logs you shared with us we noticed the following: • Your system BIOS is set up in legacy mode. • Your OS is reporting to be OS Name: “Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)” This been said our advice is to back up your information, change your BIOS settings to UEFI mode(if possible) and reinstall your OS and to update your system to the latest version. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DGrov1
Beginner

Josh B! We are on to something here!

When I look at my BIOS is says it's set to UEFI (and has LEGACY grayed out).

But the option for UEFI is grayed out in the bios boot settings.

I'll ping the MSI board with this new info. You found the problem, now I gotta sort it on the MSI side. =)

Thanks, have a good weekend.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you found the information we shared with you helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DGrov1
Beginner

Hello Josh,

You can close this for now. I'm still troubleshooting and not making any progress.

Thank you,

-DG

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DGrov1, Thank you for your reply. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again, after you solve the issue you are experiencing with your OEM. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos