Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

[Solved] [Bug report] Can't install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST)

idata
Employee

Hi I'm having a problem with the installation of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (version 11.6.0.1030). When I run the installation I get this error:

The error comes althought I'm on the Administrator-Account and run the setup as administrator.

---------------------------

Intel(R) Installation Framework

The login account does not have the required administrator privileges. Please use an administrator account.

Installer will now exit.

OK

My System:

Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit

Intel i5-650

Intel Ibex Peak H57 chipset

2 HDDs RAID 0

Thank you for your replies.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

I solved the problem. I had changed the standard install path in Windows to my seconds partition and then I made a junction from C:\Program Files (x86)\ to P:\Program Files (x86)\. So the installer tried to access C:\Program Files (x86) and couldn't because of the junction and replied with an error that says that I don't have administrator priviliges.

It would be better if the installer say "I can't access C:\Program Files (x86). Please check if you have administrator priviliges.

So I think this is a bug because the error is not true and the program doesn't have to check if it has access to C:\Program Files (x86) but rather it should check if it has access to the standard Windows install path wich is for me P:\Program Files (x86)

Can someone of the Intel employee check that?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I solved the problem. I had changed the standard install path in Windows to my seconds partition and then I made a junction from C:\Program Files (x86)\ to P:\Program Files (x86)\. So the installer tried to access C:\Program Files (x86) and couldn't because of the junction and replied with an error that says that I don't have administrator priviliges.

It would be better if the installer say "I can't access C:\Program Files (x86). Please check if you have administrator priviliges.

So I think this is a bug because the error is not true and the program doesn't have to check if it has access to C:\Program Files (x86) but rather it should check if it has access to the standard Windows install path wich is for me P:\Program Files (x86)

Can someone of the Intel employee check that?

0 Kudos