Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Unable to initalize raid10 array

grimsteK
Beginner

Hi there !

I've switched Mobo and now can't initialize my HDD array. Initilization process goes on pretty slow, then i'll come back a couple of hours later and the process is over but the status of the volume is still "not initialized". Tried again today but it been sitting at 21% even though the volume is freshly formated.

I've tried deleting the array, updating Optane but still doesnt work.

Product number : 18.0.1017.0

Driver : 18.30.1.1138

Motherboard : gigabyte vision-d z490

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

grimsteK, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, please provide a picture of the RST version that you are currently using.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Intel® RST version provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that version was tested and validated by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's web site and the latest RST version they have available in there is 1‎7.9.0.1007, do you have the same problem when using that version, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-D-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
grimsteK
Beginner

Hello Alberto ! 

Thanks for your support.

I was finally able to complete the initialization this weekend after all. I don't know if the ssu report could help you to document that issue. I'll attach the results and the info about the app you've asked just in case.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello grimsteK, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates and providing the reports.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue and finally able to complete the initialization as well and now the RAID configuration is working properly.

Thank you again also for sharing the reports, they will be very useful for us, as you mentioned, to document this scenario.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos