Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007 - Google Chrome

PJCogs
Beginner

Error message on Dell Precision 7730 after Windows 10 Feature Update.

Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Version: 1903

Installed on 6/30/2019

OS build: 18362.207

64-bit OS

I will upload the SSU and screenshot of HDD from Disk Management shortly.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PJCogs

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Do you have any Raid structure on the system?

What is the Band and model of your system?

Have you tried uninstalling Intel® RST and installing the driver version provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)?

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PJCogs
Beginner

Hi, my computer brand is a Dell Precision 7730. Do you have the steps to uninstall Intel RST? Where would I find that?

Also I do not believe I have Raid.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PJCogs

Have you been able to collect the information and try the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PJCogs

You can try the following steps to uninstall Intel RST:

1-   Click on the small Windows icon to open the menu, select Programs, and features, if you are using Windows 7, you should firstly click to open Control Panel on the menu, and then access on the feature via clicking “Uninstall a program”

2-   Right-click on Intel Rapid Storage Technology on the list, and select Uninstall

3-   Start and continue the removing process with uninstalling wizards

4-   Restart your computer, search for Intel Rapid Storage Technology on the PC and make sure everything has been clear well

If you cannot find Intel RST available on the panel, you can try these steps:

1-   Right-click on the little Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, and choose Device Manager

2-   (For older OS, click on the Start button, right-click on Computer >select Properties > click Device Manager on the left pane)

3-   Double-click to open IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, and go to Driver tab

4-   Click on the Uninstall button to delete the driver, and reboot the computer when finish

5-   Log-in the computer and access to Device Manager again, and make sure everything related to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology has been disappeared, if you still find something related on the list, you should disable and delete them.

In order to get the Intel® RST version provided by DELL™ you can refer to the following link https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-17-7730-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt

If you have any doubts about the correct driver version for your system you can contact DELL™.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
PJCogs
Beginner

There was no 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' in the Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PJCogs

Thank you for the details.

The option IDE ATA/ATAPI controller might no be available because in the system BIOS setting the SATA settings is set to RAID, in this case, we recommend checking the BIOS settings with DELL™ the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), also it is important confirming with then is the system has a RAID structure and if uninstalling Intel® RST form the system is safe in case they have any custom set up.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos