Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Unknown disk on controller unknown, port unknown: missing (perfectly good drives!)

idata
Employee

This computer is less than a year old.

Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 motherboard.

4 4TB hard drives in a raid 10.

2 512gb ssd drives in raid 0.

upgraded bios from F7g to F20 and all of a sudden this happens.

The raid has failed missing 2 of the 4 drives out of the raid10. It shows 2 of the missing drives as non-raid members with green checks.

I know for a fact these drives work flawlessly. Is there some kind of tool we can use to correct this obvious error inside the rst?

It gives me the ability to mark the 2 "non-raid" disks as a spare, but I haven't clicked on that as I feel it would do irreversible damage to an otherwise good disk.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello EEEEEE,

I would like to check more details regarding your configuration, so could you please provide the following report; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000006351.html System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here you go

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112444 EEEEEE, thanks for the file.

I checked your file, and the RAID status is Failed, unfortunately there is not much than can be done. You will need to recreate your RAID from scratch, since the data and structure are not longer available.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112444 EEEEEE, I just wanted to check if you were able to recreate the RAID structure.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos