Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Why does the RST Software always recover/rebuild RAID when I start system?

JRaym5
Beginner

I've set up a PC using an ASUS Z97-WS motherboard with onboard SATA RAID. I use this system to RIP DVD's for my NAS to stream my movies at home. No matter how carefully I shut down the system gracefully...every time it comes back up the RST software always does a complete check of the RAID.

I can't leave this system on 24x7x365...it's too loud and is in my office right next to my bedroom. How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seriously? Enable sleep. It will be quiet while it is sleeping.

...S

0 Kudos
JRaym5
Beginner

Yeah...you don’t understand. The fans on this thing are monsters, and it “wakes up” at 3 AM and sounds like the world is coming to an end.

Add to that I use it about every 2 months or so and leaving it to “sleep” is a waste of energy and is wear & tear on the system. It still draws power.

Plus I’m in Texas, and I unplug this equipment from the wall during thunderstorms. We’ve had lightning hit 100 yards away and blow up stuff on UPS’s before, so my only “sure fire” way of preserving it is complete disconnection from the grid.

I have HP servers that I reboot and don’t go thru all this drama with the Intel RST software.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JRaym5,

First, we would like to have more information about your system configuration. Please provide us with the following reports.

• Intel® RST System Report
  1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).
  2. Click the Help icon.
  3. Click the System Report icon.
  4. Click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JRaym5,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JRaym5,

We have not heard back from, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos