Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Why doesn't my data partition show up when it is on the same drive as the cache partition?

NYoun11
Beginner

So, I have a 1TB HDD and a 120GB M.2. drive in my PC. The 120GB has 20GB free so I decided to open up IRST and accelerate my HDD. I tell the program that I wish for it to create a 15GB cache partition and it does what it needs to do, yet the data partition on the M.2. disappears from explorer but is still visible as a partition. It only comes back when I disable acceleration and delete the cache partition from within IRST. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In order to do this right, you have to jump through a few hoops. I wrote a whitepaper related to this subject. I cannot find the original posting that included the document, so have attached it here.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Oops, forgot to mention: You need to go back to 14.x/15.x version of the Intel RST package as the later ones had their support for Intel SRT replaced with support for Optane.

...S

0 Kudos
NYoun11
Beginner

Thanks, will take a read. If I downgrade versions, will this affect the current RAID configuration I have setup?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Nope.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello NYoun11,

Were you able to check Scott's post?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello NYoun11,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos