Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Why my SSD don't appear in my BIOS and even with SSD toolbox don't see any ssd?

RIone
Beginner

I bought an Intel SSD 660p 512gb M.2 and my laptop don't detect it, at the beginning, the ssd appeared in the bios, but after I tried to migrate my OS ( windows 10) on the SSD from HDD with Intel migration app and.. failed because after transfer, I received a kind of error "An operating system wasn't found. Try to disconnect any drives that don't contain an operating system" well, after that, I reinstalled my windows from USB to HDD because the SSD became "invisible" now I tried to switch SATA controller mode from RST to AHCI, after I checked in bios, I saw the ssd in the AHCI mode, but I can't run the windows because I got blue screen and I switched back to RST and again.. didn't saw the SSD... I really don't know what to do..

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are two issues here. First, you cannot boot to Windows image created with RST enabled if you now have RST disabled. Second, you must be in UEFI Mode to work with NVMe SSDs; if you installed Windows in Legacy Mode, then you will not see this SSD. My take: (1) Disable RST in the BIOS (i.e. switch back to AHCI), (2) Enable UEFI, (3) Install Windows to the SSD, (4) Move any content from the HDD that you need to the SSD.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are two issues here. First, you cannot boot to Windows image created with RST enabled if you now have RST disabled. Second, you must be in UEFI Mode to work with NVMe SSDs; if you installed Windows in Legacy Mode, then you will not see this SSD. My take: (1) Disable RST in the BIOS (i.e. switch back to AHCI), (2) Enable UEFI, (3) Install Windows to the SSD, (4) Move any content from the HDD that you need to the SSD.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos