Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Win update 1903 fails and updated RST drivers fail on installation

AKron3
Beginner

There is no app or package I can find that shows the iastora.sys and but there are 10 files on the computer, iastora.sys and iastorAV.sys. These files date from 9/9/2016 to 3/18/2019.

ASUS does not have these drivers and when I try and update with the ones provided by Intel the update fails with a fatal error. The log files are attached. What needs to be done to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Then, go to windows/system32/drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp, and do the 1903 upgrade.

Doc

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Make certain you have a backup of your system or checkpoint before you do this.

Download and install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28966/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Reboot.

Then, go to windows/system32/drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp.

Do your 1903 upgrade.

Report back with the results.

Doc

0 Kudos
AKron3
Beginner

I tried that but the update won't install. The log files I sent were from an update from a different Intel link because the other one failed. In other words I can not install the RTS update from either packages.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, go to windows/system32/drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp, and do the 1903 upgrade.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, what version of windows 10 are you using? 1809?

Doc

0 Kudos
AKron3
Beginner

I'm running version 1803, OS build 17134.885. I'll do a full backup first. After I rename iastora.sys and do the upgrade do I change the name back to the original? Attempt the Intel RST upgrade again? What will happen to my many USB attached drives and Acronis backup once the file is renamed?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have not seen it necessary to rename the file back to the original name. Nothing else should be affected as I believe the file is a leftover and not used.

Doc

0 Kudos
AKron3
Beginner

Okay, here we go, thanks.

Edit: Done and all seems to be working. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad you have it working.

Doc

0 Kudos