Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Windows fails after installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology

appleseed
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Yoga C940 which comes with a 32GB Optane plus 512GB SSD.

This morning, I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software (version 16.8.3.1003). Once done, it asked to restart the computer. However, after restart, the windows keeps showing "automatic repair", "diagnosing your PC" and also asked to enter the BitLocker recovery Key. I could not start windows so I tried to reinstall the windows. Then came the weird thing. The windows installation just took one minute to complete. After that, the blue screen shows up with error code 0xc0000001.

I think the entire thing is due to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology and Optane. Could anyone help me with this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello appleseed, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. In which point do you see the blue screen with the error 0xc0000001? Is it while just booting or at any point using the Operating System (OS)?   
  2. What OS version are you using?
  3. How did you update the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver? Did you try a manual installation or using a driver assistant? 
  4. Intel® RST driver driver will not enable a bit locker in your computer, did you have it setup before?
  5. What happens if you try booting into Safe Mode? For guidance, you can check this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
appleseed
Beginner

1. The blue screen occurs after I reinstalled the windows. But after a day of struggling, I have managed to figure it out. Now I have Windows 20H2 installed.

2. Previous OS was 1909, and now is 20H2.

3. I went to Intel website to directly download the RST software (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-). The software I installed was 16.8.3.1003.

4. I never set up BitLocker. I do not even know what it is...

5. As I said, I have now figured out the problem . But previously I could not enter safe mode, following whichever method I googled.

So my real question is, did I install the wrong software? Am I not supposed to use that specific RST software? If it is the case, what is the right software to control the Optane on my laptop? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello appleseed,  

Thank you for your reply. 

I have been looking for your system's specifications to determine the correct software to install on this PC. However, your system manufacturer (OEM) does not seem to list anything related to Intel® RST user interface or Intel® Optane™ Memory. Have you checked with Lenovo* to see if this PC is compatible with this software? If not, I will recommend you to check with them as since I mentioned, there are no drivers from their site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-c940-14iil/downloads/automatic-driver-update  

Plaese additionally include the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello appleseed,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
appleseed
Beginner

I finally figured it out. Thank you for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello appleseed,   

Thanks for the update. 

In that case, we will proceed to close this inquiry from our side. If you need further assistance or if you have any additional questions, please submit a new post as this one will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Feel free to post your outcome as it may be useful to other peers checking this thread.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos