Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2049 Discussions

creating RAID 1 and trying to preserve data from one of the disks does not work if the disk is GPT

RFili1
Novice

OS disk and MBR disks can preserve data when out in RAID 1.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Vane,

I understand that you are having problems with the RAID 1 while using GPT disks.

Regarding this, please provide us with the RST system report which you can get by following the steps in this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
RFili1
Novice

Hi,

Today i have another config BUT:

Please let me and everybody else reading this topic know what's the deal with this GPT/RAID metadata conflict we keep hearing about.

Thank you,

Vane

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vane,

Thank you for your response,

I understand your position, however we still require a screenshot of the problem. The models used in the RAID. The RST system report if possible since this issue could differ from person to person depending on what the error is so we need all the information.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vane,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
RFili1
Novice

Hi,

I am talking about the 2nd array w. the Volume Datastor.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vane,

Thank you for your response,

I was reviewing the information of the different volumes created within the system report and also I was reviewing some details of the current Intel ® RST build you have but there is no issue whatsoever regarding the GPT while in RAID 1.

If there is an issue I would suggest you to please attach a picture or a screenshot of the problem or else a link where it shows the problem being experienced so I can take a look and help you the best I can.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vane,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos