Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

question on Dell Precision 3630 w/ IRST RAID

ssybesma
Beginner

I have a pre-boot screen that comes up showing the Option ROM settings for the two spinning SATA HDDs in the system which are in a RAID 0 configuration.  CTRL+I allows me to enter the menu.  I thought by adding an SSD (M.2 NVMe which are not SATA) that the drive would appear in the list as any other drive (whether part of a RAID array or not).  My intention is to add another of the same M.2 NVMe SSD and I did want to put those to into their own RAID array.  Is this not possible for IRST RAID?  Are only SATA drives supported?  Guess I need to look for a 3rd party solution that plugs into a PCIe x4 slot and allows RAID with two NVMe drives.  I have two such PCIe x4 slots available and don't want to put two NVMe's on one.

Thanks,

Steve Sybesma

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ssybesma,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I was checking the specifications of your system Dell Precision 3630 and I noticed that it includes the Intel® C246 Chipset. For systems with server chipset included, the support is provided for the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) only.

Please, contact Dell* for further support.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Best regards, 

Maria R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos