Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

sata disk on controller 0 port 0 at risk (smart event)

Nazdi
Beginner

Hi,
I get this error message every time I restart or on my laptop. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just to make sure you understand the potential impact here: When the drive fails completely, you lose everything that is stored on it. At a minimum, you should make a full backup of its contents. But, do not consider this as a solution; you are going to have to replace the drive regardless; it is simply a matter of time before its complete failure forces you to do so.

You've been warned,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
The S.M.A.R.T. subsystem is telling you that this drive is predicting its own imminent failure. You should obtain a replacement and transfer your data from this drive before it fails completely.
...S
0 Kudos
Nazdi
Beginner

Thank you. So isn't there a solution to fix this?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, replacing the drive will fix this.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just to make sure you understand the potential impact here: When the drive fails completely, you lose everything that is stored on it. At a minimum, you should make a full backup of its contents. But, do not consider this as a solution; you are going to have to replace the drive regardless; it is simply a matter of time before its complete failure forces you to do so.

You've been warned,

...S

0 Kudos