Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

unknown error while running iastorui

jessie
Beginner

I've been having boot problems for a while now (months) but it was never a show stopper.  The main problem after a shutdown is the next startup the laptop would just sit there and never get to the spinning dots of Windows 10.  solution is hard shutdown with the power button and then restart, then it boots up fine.   (Windows 10 ver 1909)

Today I noticed that Intel Rapid storage technology icon was missing from my tray.  When I attempt to run it from START menu, I get unknown error while running application.  I went to dell.com and downloaded the IRST program (AHCI_IntelW814_X01_setup-3Y1FF_ZPE.exe). When attempting to run the extracted program it exits saying "Fatal error during installation".  Note I chose the repair option rather than the uninstall option.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

Thank you for the update.

For testing purposes, you can click “Yes” to proceed with the installation of the package version: 12.8.0.10.16.

This is because the version currently installed (17.5.3.1026) is not compatible with your computer and that could cause issues on the device.

After checking the reports provided, we can see that your computer works with an Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 chipset. The maximum RST version that this chipset supports is the version: 14.8.16.1063

Please try proceeding with the installation of the OEM driver. If the issue persists, repeat the same steps using the following RST version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you please provide the following information:

• What is the model of your laptop?
  • Any changes made prior to this behavior? Was the computer working fine before?
  • What is the RST driver version installed?
  • Please provide a screenshot/picture of the error message that you get.

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated:

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) link  
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 
  3. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  4. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  5. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
jessie
Beginner

1) Dell XPS 14 L421X

2) no changes made by me 

3) driver version 17.5.3.1026

4) error image attached.

5) SSU report attached

0 Kudos
jessie
Beginner

Now adding the error screen.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

Thank you for your response.

After checking the error message, I would like to let you know that it could be related due to missing components, corrupted applications, or that the application is unable to connect to the service.

I would recommend the reinstallation from scratch of the application.

First, try the software provided by the computer manufacturer.

Part 1: Uninstalling the current Intel® RST driver

1.      Press Windows X keys.

2.      Select Device Manager.

3.      Find and expand the Disk drives catalog.

4.      Right-click on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and choose Uninstall device.

Part 2:  Installing new Intel® RST driver

As this is a laptop, download the latest RST driver for the system from the Original Equipment Manufacturer website.

If the issue persists with the driver provided by the OEM:

1.      Go to the Intel Download Center and download the latest Intel® RST version.

2.      On the following open page, find and click on SetupRST.exe.

3.      When it completes downloading, double-click the .exe file to install the driver.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
jessie
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

I am at the point where I am unsure how to proceed.  I removed irst from device manager and rebooted but irst still shows up (see image).    I then tried to install the version from the OEM (see first post) and I get an error message that it is older than what is currently installed.  Please advise next steps.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

Thank you for the update.

For testing purposes, you can click “Yes” to proceed with the installation of the package version: 12.8.0.10.16.

This is because the version currently installed (17.5.3.1026) is not compatible with your computer and that could cause issues on the device.

After checking the reports provided, we can see that your computer works with an Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 chipset. The maximum RST version that this chipset supports is the version: 14.8.16.1063

Please try proceeding with the installation of the OEM driver. If the issue persists, repeat the same steps using the following RST version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
jessie
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I did install the OEM version 12.8.0.10.16 and my system appears to be back to normal.  I will test for few days and then mark as solved.  Thanks again. Jessie

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

Great, thank you for letting me know.

We will be waiting for your update.

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jessie,

It's nice to know that the issue was resolved.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos