Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

what failed is - iaStorAC.sys. BSOD named irql_not_less_or_equal

NitishKaashyap
Beginner

I keep getting this when my I plug in or out my charger and the laptop freezes for 10 minutes straight. Then suddenly BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. I researched it and found out that it can be due to incompatible hardware, driver, third-party software. My hardware is good as told by the official Asus service center. My drivers are updated via Microsoft windows update and Intel driver support software. Already re-installed Windows 2 times (clean install). Ran memory diagnostics by windows and it diagnose no errors. Updated the bios but still getting the bsod mostly irql not less or equal and sometimes attempt to write on read-only memory. Actually I don't have Intel Optane in my system. I have intel 660p ssd installed in my system

I am not allowed to post more so I cannot type the dump files info. Please help me fix this

@n_scott_pearson  Please help me fix this sir

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, you don't have Optane and you aren't using RAID. This being the case, why do you have RST installed at all? I would uninstall it.

Use the following procedure to accomplish this:

1. Uninstall RST.
  2. Reboot and enter BIOS Setup.
  3. Change the SATA Mode parameter to AHCI (it likely is set to RAID or Optane currently).
  4. Save and exit BIOS Setup
  5. When the BIOS Splash/Logo screen appears, press the F8 key over and over until Windows starts loading in Safe Mode.
  6. Once Windows has loaded completely and you have logged on, do a shutdown/restart.

Windows should now boot normally and without RST in the picture.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. If you do not press F8 in time at Step 5, Windows will likely fail to start up properly - and may even Blue Screen. If this happens,  no worries, simply reboot and try again to use F8.

0 Kudos
NitishKaashyap
Beginner
Thank you sir for replying. I already tried changed Intel rapid storage optane memory accelerator to AHCI in sata connection ( although I have only m.2 nvme ssd) but my system enters automatic repair so I have made it to Intel RST again. I am currently resetting my laptop. Anyway how to uninstall Intel RST. I am unable to find Intel rst in my laptop device manager. I can see Intel optane and Intel RST stopping services in services.msc
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Device Manager? You should not uninstall from there unless you absolutely have to.

Go into Apps and Features and look for it there.

...S

0 Kudos
NitishKaashyap
Beginner

I don't have intel rapid storage technology in apps and features.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Then skip that step and proceed with the remaining steps.

...S

0 Kudos
Bipin_Chowdary
Beginner

Did you got any solution/fix bro ? 

i got the same problem

0 Kudos