Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

BMC FW Health

Trooper
Beginner

I have an older Intel board (S2600CO) that just started giving me trouble.

It is reporting a Warning under the BMC FW Health that a sensor has failed and my not be providing a valid reading.

As a result the CPU fans are running near full speed.

However the chassis fans are running at more normal speeds.

It is in a third party chassis, and I know that is not really supported.

But the server has been running great for three years.

Never really had any issues.

I’ve tried clearing the CMOS, and reinstalling the BMC, BIOS, and ME firmware files.

Then rerunning the FRUSDR utility to make sure the correct fans are selected, and that there is no chassis intrusion detection.

The chassis does have intrusion detection, but the board does not have the headers for it.

So it is not connected.

I will attach the Event Logs and System Debug Logs.

The System Debug Logs get password protected so I cannot view them.

I tried deciphering the hex logs but not sure I did it correctly.

They way I am reading the codes, it might be pointing to the BMC Hardware Access Layer.

Which doesn’t sound good.

Here is the system/board info:

System Information

BIOS ID :             SE5C600.86B.02.06.0006.032420170950

BMC FW Rev :    01.28.10603

Boot FW Rev :    01.17

SDR Package Version :    SDR Package 1.12

Mgmt Engine FW Rev :   02.01.07.328

Board Information

Manufacturing Date :     2013-06-04   13:37

Manufacturer :  Intel Corporation

Product Name : S2600CO

Part/Model Number :    G29920-208

FRU File ID :       FRU Ver 1.00

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioS_Intel

Hello Trooper,

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S2600CO you have requested has been discontinued. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018497/server-products.html helpful to address your request. 

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello Trooper,

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S2600CO you have requested has been discontinued. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018497/server-products.html helpful to address your request. 

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
UlrichT
Beginner

Had the "same" issue. Cooling block from the RAID controller was broken and touched the mainboard ...

UlrichT_0-1626942923572.png

0 Kudos
Trooper
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

Mine does not have a RAID controller or any other cards installed.

I looked for any physical problems, but did not see any.

I do have a spare motherboard, same model that I am trying.

I originally bought two thinking I'd make a matched pair of servers.

That never happened, but I still have the board.

When trying the other MB, not getting any video, or any beeps, but I do have green LEDs.

Based on other posts, I suspect the BIOS is too old to support v2 CPU's (at least that is what I am hoping).

I've never used this MB before.

Waiting to get my hands on a v1 CPU so it's boots and I can upgrade the BIOS to support the v2 CPU's.

I will update once I do that.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos