Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

BSOD with all cores enabled Xeon E3-1275v5

SDuon1
Beginner

Hi,

i have a Xeon E3-1275v5 with S1200SPLR mainboard with windows server 2012 R2

all of a sudden it crashed and looped with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

it did a BSOD trying to boot windows media as well (when trying to install to a new HDD)

after much digging i tried this

Temporarily change BIOS settings:

1. BIOS > Advanced > Processor Configuration, disable Intel® Hyper-Threading Tech, and set Core Multi-Processing to 1.

windows would boot after this but it was slow

but when i renabling it to use all cores it did the same thing

so . is this a CPU issue

i have replaced the mainboard and tried using each ram separately and still didnt work

Stav

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi stavroso,

I am sorry for the issue that you are experiencing on your system using the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1275 v5.

In regard to your issue, I will appreciate if you can enable all the cores of the processor and enable the Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.

Then run our tools Intel® System Support Utility and Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send me the results. I am interested to figure out what the processor problem is.

Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
SDuon1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Miguel

unfortunately when i select ALL CORES (so going to windows works only with 1-3 cores)

i get BSOD and cannot get into windows or Safe mode or repair mode

i eventually had to replace the CPU and i changed to ALL CORES and it worked!

how would i proceed to get a warranty on this faulty CPU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi stavroso,

It is very unfortunate that you had to go through the replacement of this processor.

I will send you a private message to gather up personal information and processor markings, so that we can continue with the warranty process.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Stavroso,

I have sent you a new private message. I will be waiting for your personal information.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Stavroso,

I have sent your case to the proper support center. They will be contacting you soon.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Bobs626
Beginner

This just made life easer! I have a new ASUS Motherboard and a 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K. Ran great for a few weeks and started with the BSOD's I've spent a lot of time with ASUS trying to fix it and I ran across this post and sure enough, I disabled all but 1 core and it worked. I can make it run on 6 of the 8 cores so I guess it's time for an RMA. 

0 Kudos