Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

BSOD with all cores enabled Xeon E3-1275v5

SDuon1
Beginner

Hi,

i have a Xeon E3-1275v5 with S1200SPLR mainboard with windows server 2012 R2

all of a sudden it crashed and looped with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

it did a BSOD trying to boot windows media as well (when trying to install to a new HDD)

after much digging i tried this

Temporarily change BIOS settings:

1. BIOS > Advanced > Processor Configuration, disable Intel® Hyper-Threading Tech, and set Core Multi-Processing to 1.

windows would boot after this but it was slow

but when i renabling it to use all cores it did the same thing

so . is this a CPU issue

i have replaced the mainboard and tried using each ram separately and still didnt work

Stav

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi stavroso,

I am sorry for the issue that you are experiencing on your system using the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1275 v5.

In regard to your issue, I will appreciate if you can enable all the cores of the processor and enable the Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.

Then run our tools Intel® System Support Utility and Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send me the results. I am interested to figure out what the processor problem is.

Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support
SDuon1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Miguel

unfortunately when i select ALL CORES (so going to windows works only with 1-3 cores)

i get BSOD and cannot get into windows or Safe mode or repair mode

i eventually had to replace the CPU and i changed to ALL CORES and it worked!

how would i proceed to get a warranty on this faulty CPU?

idata
Community Manager

Hi stavroso,

It is very unfortunate that you had to go through the replacement of this processor.

I will send you a private message to gather up personal information and processor markings, so that we can continue with the warranty process.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

idata
Community Manager

Hi Stavroso,

I have sent you a new private message. I will be waiting for your personal information.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

idata
Community Manager

Hi Stavroso,

I have sent your case to the proper support center. They will be contacting you soon.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

Bobs626
Beginner

This just made life easer! I have a new ASUS Motherboard and a 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K. Ran great for a few weeks and started with the BSOD's I've spent a lot of time with ASUS trying to fix it and I ran across this post and sure enough, I disabled all but 1 core and it worked. I can make it run on 6 of the 8 cores so I guess it's time for an RMA.