Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Can't run quickassist 8950 compression at 24Gbps, any suggestion?

Alex_Li
Novice

As the introduction for quickassist 8950, quickassist 8950 can run compression function at 24Gbps.

I have adjust the compression level to level 1, and packetsize bigger than 1M. Inst num set to max (2). 

The throughput is 14Gbps for compression and 20Gbps for decompression, what should I do for this situation to achieve 24Gbps in compression ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Li
Novice

The CPU we use is Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4214 CPU @ 2.20GHz,with 12 cores in total.

Type of PCH is C622. The base board we use is X11DPG-OT-CPU.

Another funtion (encryption) can be runned as 50Gbps, same as the introduce.

Our main code calls some functions in sample_code to generate original data, compress and print result. The functions we used are getCompressionInstanceMapping, createPerfomanceThreads, startThreads and waitForThreadCompletion.

At first, the compression can only be runned as 7Gbps, so we modified parameter "packet_size" form 8192 to 1048576(1024*1024), and fixed the complevel at level1. Besides, we modified parameter "dc_loop" from 200 to 10000 to make the result more credible. After these operations, the compression can be runned as 14Gbps. 
What should we do to run the compression function as 24Gbps?

Yours sincerely
0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hi @Alex_Li ,

Thanks for your additional information. I will move this forum to the proper Server queue.

Best regards,

Jaime L.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos