Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Cant disable on board NICs on server motherboard S2600WF

Jared_W_Intel
Employee

I've got a bunch of S2600WFs and I'd like/need to be able to disable the onboard NICs. There is an option grayed out in the BIOS under Advanced -> PCI Configuration -> NIC Configuration

I was wondering if some other setting will allow me to disable them, or perhaps a jumper setting... I didn't see anything in the manual (S2600WF_TPS.pdf).

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jared_W_Intel
Employee

Also it seems that Syscfg.exe does not see the grayed out option as a valid BIOS setting. There has got to be a way to disable the on-board NICs...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

Regarding your question, "on an option to disable the On-board NICs".

Could you please provide me with the exact model on the system board. This because there are some boards that don't have this option.

With the exact model on the system board I will be able to replicate your request.

You can verify this on the following https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600WF_Config_Guide_Production.pdf configuration guide.

Thank you for your time and patience.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

Following up on your original question for an option to disable the On-board NICs.

Could you please provide me with the exact model on the system board. This because there are some boards that don't have this option.

With the exact model on the system board, I will be able to replicate your request.

You can verify this on the following https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600WF_Config_Guide_Production.pdf configuration guide.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
Jared_W_Intel
Employee

Motherboard details as follows:

Platform ID: S2600WF

Board Part # : H48104-850

One of the Board Serial # : BQWF73100838

BIOS ver: SE5C620.86B.00.01.0004

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

Thank you for the updated information. I've double checked some S2600 family boards and the option to disable the onboard NIC is not available.

But I am checking with engineering to see if there is another option.

If you don't mind the asking, why is the need to disable the onboard NIC

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
Jared_W_Intel
Employee

In our environment we use windows network debugging, unfortunately windows network debugging requires extra settings (varying from system to system) when there are multiple cards present, in addition to not supporting those network cards at all.

Also this is a basic feature that virtually every motherboard implements.

Jared

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the updated information

I am going to continue working with the Engineering to see if we find something for you
0 Kudos
Jared_W_Intel
Employee

Thanks, we really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

I am really sorry but still I have not received any updates from our engineering department. I am still trying to find you something else to work with.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

Could you please provide me the exact model on the motherboard. Because I was able to find one model that does not allow the management on the NIC board. Also another model does not have onboard NIC but a PCI card.

Best regards,

Henry A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

I just will like to follow up and request you for the exact model on the motherboard. Because I was able to find one model that does not allow the management on the NIC board. Also another model does not have onboard NIC but a PCI card.

Best regards,

Henry A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jared,

Wanted to verify if you had the opportunity to provide us with the exact model on the system board.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos