Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4787 Discussions

Creating a new RAID in a RMSP3CD080F RAID Controller

Domingo
Beginner

I have a RMSP3CD080F RAID controller and I have a logical disk with 4 disks in a RAID 5. I want to create a new RAID 5 with four new drives that I have purchased. How do I create the new RAID while keeping the one I already have?

Thank's a lot

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, Domingo,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

Please let me know what is your motherboard's brand and model. Perhaps I can find instructions on how to do it.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner

The motherboard is Intel R2208WFTZS2U.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, Domingo,

Thank you for the information. I checked, and as long as you create the new RAID volume the same way you did with the original RAID volume, you should be able to do it.

Since the adaptor supports eight drives, all of them will be detected and the RAID volumes will work properly.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner
what I want is to know the steps, the first RAID created it years ago and I don't remember the steps
Thank you
0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Domingo,

There are 2 methods to create a RAID configuration, we need to gather more details to provide you the steps to follow.

1- Please double-check if the new drives and old drives have the same technology. Are they regular SATA drives or NVMe?

2- Enter the BIOS of the Intel® S2600WFT board>Setup Screen>Boot Maintenance Manager>Advanced Boot Options and let us know if you are using the Legacy or the UEFI mode.

In the meantime, for reference; I am sending the option to create RAID arrays using UEFI mode and SATA drives. This article describes the process of using the embedded Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC), with an external RAID card, the process is similar, we just need to select the card instead of VROC. 

Bear in mind, do not change BIOS settings, otherwise the working RAID 5 array might fail later after doing the changes and restarting.

How to Create a RAID Volume with Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) SATA in UEFI Mode

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030719/server-products/sasraid.html

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Domingo,

I hope this email finds you well.

By any chance, have you been able to work on my last email? I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Miguel C.

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner

Thank you so much, the issue is solved

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Domingo,

I am glad the RAID configuration issue is resolved.  If anything else is necessary, do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos