Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

DX58SO Board the system BIOS has detected unsuccesful POST attempt(s) problem

PatLumb
Beginner

first of all hello guys, I have an old DX58SO motherboard. I have been very happy with my motherboard for a really long time, but recently when I restarted the computer, I started getting the system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s) error. I did not have any problems, my computer components are solid, so there is absolutely no hardware problem. My power supply is more than enough watts above the required watts, but as I said, it never works without any problems, but when I restart, I get this error because of this problem, I am really a victim if you can help me. i'm glad...

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 20.24.56.jpeg

and here is my current bios version.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 20.24.57.jpeg

kind regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

That board is from 2008.   You could be starting to see component failure.   Your power supply may be going bad. 

You are already on the latest bios.

When is the last time you re-applied the thermal paste?

Very difficult to say without more information.  Do not assume your hardware/components are good.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
PatLumb
Beginner

It's been 2 weeks since I replaced my thermal paste with original arctic mx4, so my thermal paste is fresh and my power supply hasn't been out yet 6 months. 600 watt 85+ bronze high power ECObr model, i bought 2x kingston  240 gb sata ssd for raid 0 and they are only 80 hours since they are still working and I put all of my memories into a 6-hour test with the program called memtest86. I didn't get an error from any of them.

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, PatLumb,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities.

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Thank you for understanding. Best regards,

0 Kudos
JonathanR
Beginner

I have the same problem when restart windows 10 at update or other necessary restart from OS.

Before upgraded to 16GB of ram  when tri-channel and 12GB(3x4GB) on restart the bios identify only 50% of ram, 6GB. 

My board:

JonathanR_0-1683824220499.png

The proc is 990X:

JonathanR_2-1683824410877.png

The maintenance of board it's ok (every 6 months full clean). The power supply it's ok, I'm used nobreak since I was mount the computer.

I know the board is from 2008 but the intel release a bios with this serious problem. I never can send remote restart because the computer stop in this screen confirmation and not boot the OS.

0 Kudos