Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4830 Discussions

Enabling VT-x on Platinum Xeon 8470

04__04
Beginner

I have a Platinum Xeon 8470 server with Ubuntu installed. It has BIOS version EGSDCRB1. I'm trying to enable VT-x but haven't been able to find the option in the BIOS. I've seen options for enabling Vanderpool technology and VT-d, but both of those were enabled by default, and running kvm-ok still says that the machine can't use VT-x technology.

Is it even possible to enable VT-x on this machine? I don't see an available BIOS update anywhere, but there aren't any other virtualization-related options in its current BIOS. Is there anything else that needs to be done to enable VT-x?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello 04__04,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Server Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Hayden,

Warm greetings and good day to you.

In order to move forward with this issue, we would appreciate if you can let us know what is the system that this CPU is being used in (Example: Server brand, Model ant etc.)

Regards

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
04__04
Beginner

Thank you for your response. It's an Intel server. Here's its information:

Platform: Eagle Stream

CPU: Sapphire Rapids ES1/A2

Board: Archer City RP

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi 04__04,

Greeting for the day!

Thank you for your response. Could you please confirm if this is an OEM system?

Best Regards

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi 04_04,

Warm greetings and good day to you.

We would appreciate an update from you in regards with the query we asked you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi 04_04,

Warm greetings good day to you.

Kindly note that as we have not received any response from our previous follow-ups, we will be closing this thread for now.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos