Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4840 Discussions

Server Board S2600G (Z/L) Need BIOS Version SE5C600.86B.01.02.0006

High_Power
Beginner

Bought two replacement Intel server boards S2600G (Z/L). Both of these boards have a different BIOS version and not the version that I need them to be.

Without going into a lot of details as to why. I need a download package that will make them both have the BIOS version of SE5C600.86B.01.02.0006. I've attached a picture of all of the pertinent details of what I need to have loaded on the server board. 

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Craig,

Hope you are doing well.

We really appreciate your feedback, and we understand your current hiccup. We can start the NDA process from our end, but we will request some details from your end.

As this will involve some details sharing, we will close this community thread and open a new case. We will contact you via email to request for the necessary detail to start the NDA process

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Craig,

Hope you are doing well.

Please also note that the old BIOS was removed as Intel recommends using the latest firmware update package which is available on Download Center.

The old BIOS packages will be shared under NDA for reference only, therefore, could you please share with us if you have any NDA number?

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

High_Power
Beginner

Hi Ragulan,

Thank you for the response!

The NDA is in the works. There are some moving parts on my end that need to be sorted out first. I'll get back in touch when I know more.

Thanks again,

Craig.

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Hello High_Power,

Greetings!

Thank you for confirmation. Yes, Once you have the NDA signed and ready, we will be sharing the requested BIOS. However I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that as the BIOS required by you is no longer available in our download center, and we have uploaded an improved BIOS which will have multiple improvement/fixes, it is always recommended that you use the latest one because of same reasons. Also since it is your requirement for that particular version, if possible, please do share with us why you are only looking for that particular version and if there is any particular business requirement/compliance issue so that we have a better understanding as well and that will help us get you the requested BIOS version.

Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you for choosing Intel.

Regards,

Subhashish.

0 Kudos
High_Power
Beginner

Hi Subhashish,

Yes, I understand the security risks of not using the current BIOS rev level and the BIOS that I'm requesting is no longer available for download on Intel's website. That is exactly why I posted on this forum to try to get some help in solving my problem.

This Intel server board is being used on full flight simulators. It is one of many computers that make up the whole flight simulator. I work for a company that maintains all of these flight sims. The computers are NOT connected to the internet and will never be. Another company built these sims and provided the software for their function. That company decided to use an RTX64 driver from Interval Zero Inc. driver Version 3.41.2.107 dated 10/3/2017 for the Intel I350 Network Adapter. 

Back in 2019, one of our server boards failed while it was still under warranty. We sent the bad board back to Intel and they sent us a new one. We installed the new board and booted up the computer in the shop, without connecting to the NIC ports. We called it good without installing it on a flight sim. This new server board from Intel had a different BIOS than all our others but did not know that it would become a problem until now. We put the computer back into our supply for a spare until this year. When we pulled that computer back out of supply to replace one that failed on a sim. That is when we found out that it could not communicate with the other computers. The NIC was not operating at a Gigabit connection. Come to find out it was due to the RTX driver and the server board BIOS not being at rev SE5C600.86B.01.02.0006, like all our other server boards are. Prior to knowing this we purchased another used server board, and it also had a different BIOS version on it. This second board also did not have a Gigabit network connection. The RTX driver will only give a gigabit connection when the server BIOS is at rev level 01.02.0006.

I'm not smart enough to know why the company that built these flight simulators used the RTX driver instead of letting Microsoft decide the best driver to use for the NIC. But since we have so many of these server boards used in the computers on these flight simulators, we would like to keep them all configured the same. Do not want to have one computer out there being different. We have one software backup for multiple like computers.

As far as the NDA. I can get my company to type a letter and sign it. Is there specific wording that Intel would like to see? Do you have a templet or an example letter?

I appreciate your time on this and any assistance that you can give me!

Thank you,

Craig.

0 Kudos
High_Power
Beginner

Hi Subhashish,

Yes, I understand the security risks of not using the current BIOS rev level and the BIOS that I'm requesting is no longer available for download on Intel's website. That is exactly why I posted on this forum to try to get some help in solving my problem.

This Intel server board is being used on full flight simulators. It is one of many computers that make up the whole flight simulator. I work for a company that maintains all of these flight sims. The computers are NOT connected to the internet and will never be. Another company built these sims and provided the software for their function. That company decided to use an RTX64 driver from Interval Zero Inc. driver Version 3.41.2.107 dated 10/3/2017 for the Intel I350 Network Adapter. 

Back in 2019, one of our server boards failed while it was still under warranty. We sent the bad board back to Intel and they sent us a new one. We installed the new board and booted up the computer in the shop, without connecting to the NIC ports. We called it good without installing it on a flight sim. This new server board from Intel had a different BIOS than all our others but did not know that it would become a problem until now. We put the computer back into our supply for a spare until this year. When we pulled that computer back out of supply to replace one that failed on a sim. That is when we found out that it could not communicate with the other computers. The NIC was not operating at a Gigabit connection. Come to find out it was due to the RTX driver and the server board BIOS not being at rev SE5C600.86B.01.02.0006, like all our other server boards are. Prior to knowing this we purchased another used server board, and it also had a different BIOS version on it. This second board also did not have a Gigabit network connection. The RTX driver will only give a gigabit connection when the server BIOS is at rev level 01.02.0006.

I'm not smart enough to know why the company that built these flight simulators used the RTX driver instead of letting Microsoft decide the best driver to use for the NIC. But since we have so many of these server boards used in the computers on these flight simulators. We would like to keep them all configured the same. Do not want to have one computer out there being different. We have one software backup for multiple like computers.

As far as the NDA. I can get my company to type a letter and sign it. Is there specific wording that Intel would like to see? Do you have a templet or an example letter?

I appreciate your time on this and any assistance that you can give me!

Thank you,

Craig.

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Craig,

Hope you are doing well.

We really appreciate your feedback, and we understand your current hiccup. We can start the NDA process from our end, but we will request some details from your end.

As this will involve some details sharing, we will close this community thread and open a new case. We will contact you via email to request for the necessary detail to start the NDA process

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos