Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Hard disks disabled - one still shows up in bbosys

HWepp
Novice

Hi there,

I am trying to restore a BIOS configuration onto a S2600WT server and it fails because the system boot order doesn't match the configuration. That's understood - and syscfg /bbosys indeed shows one hard disk in third position although all hard disks have been marked as disabled in the boot maintenance manager. That's somewhat inconsistent with syscfg /bbo that only lists the devices that are expected (system is PXE booted only). See attached screenshot.

How do I ensure that the hard disk is not listed in /bbosys so I can restore the BIOS configuration successfully?

Thanks & cheerio, Harry.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Harry,

To provide further assistance please answer the following questions:

1- How is it failing? If possible provide us with a screen.

2- How are you eliminating these disks? From boot order in the BIOS or the syscfg?

3- If you are using syscfg, please let us know the command.

0 Kudos
HWepp
Novice

Hi Dan,

the syscfg /r command fails to restore the configuration with a message indicating it can't restore if the system boot order is different than in the ini file (forgot exact wording). All disks were eliminated in the BIOS boot maintenance manager screen (not via syscfg).

The boot order in the BIOS is consistent with /bbo but /bbosys still shows one of the hard disks although all are disabled in the boot maintenance manager!

Thanks & cheerio, Harry.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

In order to provide further assistance, a screenshot or the exact wording of the error message is required.

0 Kudos
HWepp
Novice

Hi Dan,

I am no longer in front of the system. The error was "failed to restore configuration because system boot order does not match configuration in ini file". The ini file just had NW and EFI whereas /bbosys still had a hard disk in third position (although all hard disks had been deactivated). That triggered my post/question.

Thanks & cheerio, Harry.

0 Kudos