dual cpus xeon E5640
memory installed 96gb
windows 2008 r2 standard 64 bit
hardware reserved memory in system resources indicates 65 gb is hardware reserved
system info shows 96gb registered with only 32 gb usable
I am concerned the memory usability difference is only seen inside the Operating System. To better diagnose this, would you, please, confirm the following?:
1. What is the exact board model inside your Intel® Server Chassis http://ark.intel.com/products/36602/Intel-Server-Chassis-SC5650DP?q=SC5650DP# @compatibility SC5650DP?
2. What is the BIOS/firmware ver. running on the board?
3. What is the manufacturer and part number of the memory modules?
4. Is your system experiencing a performance scenario? If so, please, provide the following:
4.1. Please, elaborate more on the performance situation.
4.2. What troubleshooting have you performed so far?
5. Is the Operating System running with the latest updates/patches?