Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4873 Discussions

Help with Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor

CaptSwirly
Beginner

Hello, I was wondering how you can install the drivers to an Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor on Windows Server 2012 R2. I have it running on a Dell PowerEdge r720. I have installed the Intel MPSS version 3.8 but when I run micctrl -s it gives me an error, “Error manipulating coprocessors: Intel<R> Xeon Phi<TM> coprocessor driver is not loaded or you have insufficient access. When I go to Device Manager I have a bunch of un configured items, which I assume is the coprocessor. I don’t know if there is a way to auto-configure the coprocessor or to manually install drivers. I tried going into the Intel MPSS drivers section and manually installing them but I don’t know if that will work. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_A_Intel

Hello CaptSwirly,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Communities. I appreciate your inquiry regarding the installation of drivers for your Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor.

However, I regret to inform you that as this product has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service can no longer provide support for inquiries related to it. Nevertheless, I encourage you to engage with our community members who might possess the necessary knowledge and be able to assist you. Additionally, you may find the Discontinued Products website helpful in addressing your specific request. You can visit the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos