Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

How do you remove plastic insert in toolless drivebay

RCohe7
New Contributor I

I can't believe I have to ask this, but I can't figure it out and can't find any documentation. Our new Wolfpass servers came with 8 tool less 2.5 inch drivebays, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how I am supposed to remove the plastic inserts in the drive bays so I can actually use them. There really should be a diagram on the cover because it is certainly not intuitive how you get these things out. Where there normally would be the 4 screws, there are four little pieces of metal that look like they are supposed to be pressed, but how would someone press all 4 at once? This seems really stupid and I'll probably feel stupid when I find out the answer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Alright this is really is as dumb as I thought. Apparently you just pull the sides of the bay apart until you can remove the plastic. I thought I was going to break it by doing that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Alright this is really is as dumb as I thought. Apparently you just pull the sides of the bay apart until you can remove the plastic. I thought I was going to break it by doing that.

View solution in original post