Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

I have multiple server. I am new to server set up. board model is S1200v3RPS. Kindly help please

RKnep
Beginner

Have multiple server setup. 1 system w/ raid 1 and 1 drive failed ESRT2. no hotspare. how do i fix this? 2. Raid 5 ESRT2 1 drive failed. how do i fix this? 3. raid 6 1 drive partially degraded. how do i fix this? 4. raid 5 4 drives degraded, how do i fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GoldenHands,

Good to hear you're starting to work with server set ups, if you're into tech stuff you'll find it a very interesting.

Regarding your questions, It is very important to bear in mind that the idea of having a drive array is to provide redundancy on the data stored in those drives, in any of the cases as soon as a drive is shown as failed it most be replaced as soon as possible once the drive is replaced the raid manager (software or hardware) in most cases will start rebuilding the array with the new drive automatically bringing it back online, please note that raids 1 and 5 will support up to 1 drive failure at the time meaning that if 1 of the other members fails data will be lost, raid 6 could support up to 2 drives failed under certain circumstances, which means the top priority in these scenarios is to replace the failed drives as soon as it is possible. Then when the array is shown as degraded it normally is because one drive is under predictive failure status (it is online but will fail soon) or one of its raid partners is missing or failed and it will come back to normal once that status is corrected.

I would like to know, where are you seeing the drive status? that may give us some more details. If you're using native support or monitoring tools some screenshots might be useful. If you have some more info or concerns in this regard please let me know, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Ken
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GoldenHands,

I hope you're doing well, are there any updates on this regards? remember we have created a case to keep track on this issue your having problems with, I also tried to send some info to your email address but it seems is not getting through, If you require further assistance with this or you're to go now please let us now, happy to help.

Ken.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

I am writing in regards to case 03062101, opened for your Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPS.

I would like to know if there are any updates from your side, or if the assistance is no longer needed and we are OK to set this case as closed, either way please let me know by replying to this email.

I'll stay tuned to your comments, best regards.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos