Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4855 Discussions

Inquiry About HOB Headers for EagleStream FSP Binary Integration into Coreboot

Satish2
Beginner

I am currently working on integrating the FSP into coreboot for the Archer City POK Chassis L3 (Sapphire Rapids) platform. I have successfully fetched the latest FSP binary from the following repository:

https://github.com/intel/FSP/tree/master/EagleStreamFspBinPkg

Additionally, I have obtained the corresponding UPD headers from here:

https://github.com/intel/FSP/tree/master/EagleStreamFspBinPkg/Include

However, I have been unable to locate the required HOB headers corresponding to this FSP binary.

Could you please guide me on where I can find these HOB headers so that I can correctly integrate them into coreboot?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Satish.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Subhashish
Employee

Hello Satish2,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Customer Support. We are reviewing your concerns shared. Kindly allow us some time while we gather the requested information and we will reach out to you at earliest.

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Hello Satish2,

Greetings!

As discussed earlier in our conversation, Please find below link to a technical documentation:-

https://cdrdv2-public.intel.com/778593/778593_Technical%20Paper_coreboot_Integration_on_EGS_Rev0_9.pdf

Hope this helps you with your query. Aside, if you need more information, please login to:

https://designintools.intel.com/intel-platforms/data-center-comms-and-storage/eagle-stream-platform-tools.html

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
Satish2
Beginner

According to the technical document that you shared regarding Coreboot on Eagle Stream, there are FSP HOB headers under the Coreboot source repo (src/vendorcode/intel/fsp/fsp2_0/sapphirerapids_sp/). These headers correspond to the 2022 WW43 FSP release, whereas the last released Eagle Stream FSP (1.1.1.316) was from a few months ago. 

UPD headers corresponding to Eagle Stream FSP 1.1.1.316 are available in the Intel FSP git public repository. However, HOB headers corresponding to Eagle Stream FSP 1.1.1.316 are not available in the Intel FSP git public repository.  

I have previously built a Coreboot BIOS image with linux payload using the latest FSP binary (v1.1.1.316) and the recent UPD headers, but with HOB headers from the 2022 WW43 FSP (which are present in the Coreboot source repository). The result was that the system did not boot.

My concern is whether these HOB headers are compatible with the last released Eagle Stream FSP 1.1.1.316. Are they outdated ?  If the correct HOB headers are not available or not released by Intel, can you provide any guidance on how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Satish2,

Thank you for sharing the details. We kindly request you to allow us some time to check the details and provide you with an update.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Hi Satish2,

Greetings!

While we are checking for the HOB Headers, parallelly, we would like to know below two details from your end:

1. Your server model (Intel or Non Intel/Exact model number)
  2. The Processor used is Intel 4th Gen Xeon Scalable family, please share the exact model.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
Satish2
Beginner

Hi Subhashish, 

Please see the details below about the platform and processor used.

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Product Name: Archer City RP FAB4

Product code: POK

Chipset: Intel Emmitsburg Chipset

Processor ID: 000806F3

Stepping: 3

Microcode Rev: 8D0004D0

procconf.png

Thanks,

Satish.

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Hello Satish2,

Thank you for sharing all these information. As per the shared information, we see the product ID for the processor - 000806F3 is found to be associated with 14th Gen i7 and i9 processors from Intel Core family. And also it is seen associated with 4th Gen Xeon Processor. However we are still unable to figure out exact processor model number. Here is an example for the full model number - Intel Xeon Gold 6226R. Please share the full model for your processor. We need to this information so that we can update the product against the ticket and accordingly we can work on this issue and if required we can elevate the concerns to our next level support team.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
Satish2
Beginner

Please see the processor model in the screenshot below, which shows the configuration of the server (Archer City RP) platform.

image001.png

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Satish2,

Thank you for your response.

Upon further review, since your query is related to the Archer City POK Chassis L3 (Sapphire Rapids) platform, we kindly request you to contact the Developer Software Forums for further support

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Satish2
Beginner

Can you be more specific about which category I should use under Developer Software Forums to get the proper resolution?

0 Kudos