Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel RAID Web Console 3 - how do we add servers to the GATEWAY server

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi, downloaded RAID Web Console 3 from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27286/Intel-RAID-Web-Console-3-for-Windows- Download Intel® RAID Web Console 3 for Windows*

- Install the GATEWAY server on a remote machine, can log in ok.

- Installed the RAID driver version (SAS v6.713.05.00 (Trimode wont load, even though its listed there doesnt appear to be drivers in the package for this card)) for the RMS3CC090 on a S1200SPOR server running Windows 10 Pro

- Installed the DIRECT AGENT service for RAID Web Console 3 on the above server.

Logging in to the GATEWAY server, then pressing "Re-discover servers", this remote Windows 10 S1200SPOR with the RMS3CC080 never shows up.

We have disabled the firewall on the Windows 10 system

We have disabled the firewall on the gateway server

Is there no way of adding servers to the gateway server?

All documentation for Intel RAID Web Console 3 says the RMS3CC080 is fully supported...

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
39 Replies
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

I have an update on this that seems to point to a fualt in RWC3.

PC A (Intel compute Stick) (Windows 10) has RWC3 installed as a GATEWAY

PC B (S1200SPOR) (Windows 10 Pro) FIREWALL = Off

TP Link 1700 series smart managed network switch

IF PC B is installed with RWC3 GATEWAY then PC A GATEWAY will show PC B to be able to manage it

IF PC B is installed with RWC3 Direct Agent then PC A GATEWAY will NOT show PC B, even after leaving for 24 hours.

This seems to indicated a problem with the RWC3 Direct Agent install type as not working.

The above seems to negate the testing of the direct cable, as it works when both PCs have a GATEWAY but doesnt not work when one has the Direct Agent installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

Thank you for this additional information. But is sounds more to be compatability problem with the compustick. RAID Web Console requieres to have a valid RAID controller. Also, if you go to the Download page for compusticks RAID Web Console is not listed. But I will check with engineering related the final word.

Also, what model of the ComputeStick are you using.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

No RAID controller is needed to MANAGE other machines, thats the whole point of a REMOTE MANAGED SYSTEM.

The gateway is installed on ANY PC, then it manages many servers with a RAID card, the whole point here is the GATEWAY appears to not be finding the servers unless they (the servers) have gateways on them. Installing gateways on all the servers isnt how its supposed to work, it means they are all running management servers, only 1 is needed in a LAN segment, not every single server.

What worries me here is this question was asked over 10 weeks ago with no resolution, i think this should move to a phone call. I am ready to deploy the second server which at this point is UNMANAGEABLE and i have no idea how this is possible as the question and description are very clear here.

1 GATEWAY, MANY servers, the gateway doesnt need to be a server with a RAID card, its ANY PC, the servers will then have Direct Agent clients, but this isnt working as the gateway never finds a Direct Agents client, only other gateway servers.

So this raises the question (as i confirmed earlier) what is a Direct Agent, and it was explained this is a server (with a RAID card) that will be managed by a PC with the Gateway RWC3 installed, however the gateway never finds them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I really understand that this has taken a while to be answered. I was setting up a LAB with the first information you provided that all the system were S1200SPOR. Now with the additional information provided that you are using a computestick as the gateway that sets a different setup.

Especially because if you go to the download page of the computesticks and the RAID Web Console is not part of the download for compatible driver or software.

Now I am looking for a computestick to be able to setup the LAB.

At the same time checking with Engineering for a possible fix with a not RAID System to be set as a getaway.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I am working on a LAB to recreate your issue. With my LAB Tap, I was unable to connect to the same problem as you have. I am testing several devices to see if one can match your need.

Please allow me more time.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

Thank you for your time and patience. I am still working on a LAB to recreate your issue. With my portable computer, I was unable to connect to the same problem as you have. I am testing several devices to see if one can match your need.

Please allow me more time.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

Thank you for your time and patience. I am really sorry for all the delays, but I was off of the office and I was unable to continue with the LAB. I will start the LAB and provide you with test result very soon.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I've tested the Gateway using different none server system and the Discovery is not working. I am going to try another server and run the same test.

Best regards,

Henry A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I am continuing testing different devices for the Gateway.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I am continuing testing different devices for the Gateway.

Now I am moving the server from Windows 10 to Server 2012.

I will let you know my results.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I tested my laptop connected directly to an S1200.

Laptop with Windows 8.1 and Server with Windows 10.

Direct cable connection from Laptop to Server.

Disable all Firewall

Static IP Address on both.

Ping command works both ways.

It worked one time then it did not work.

We are checking again but will like to request if possible to arrange a call.

Please let us know when will be best to contact your and a phone number.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I received a feedback from our engineering and lab test.

We have run several tests and with a wire connection with firewall and antivirus disable, we were able to run the discovery and was successful about 90%.

I will recommend using a Laptop to run the test connection on RWC3.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I just wanted to follow and verify if had the opportunity to test another device like a Laptop as the Gateway for RWC3

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I am sorry but we haven't heard back from you in relation to your threat about RWC3 installation for a Gateway.

I will keep the case open for a few days, if we don't hear back from you, I will proceed on closing the threat.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I am sorry but we haven't heard back from you in relation to your threat about RWC3 installation for a Gateway.

I will keep the case open for a few days, if we don't hear back from you, I will proceed with closing the threat.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Henry

As a follow up here, we might have found the solution (to a point).

Direct Agent was Windows 10

Gateway was also Windows 10 (Vmware)

Both have only 1 active network card, for the gateway to FIND the direct agrent it will appear by itself (from 1-10 mins), however for this to work the firewall on both PCs appear to need the below ports open:

2463 = Local web server, local web server (even if its a Direct agent only, this port is used to allow you to login to the agent from the gateway server webserver)

5988 = CIM Server, discovery port, has to be open to allow Gateway server to discovery this server.

2463 is the port used on the gateway server to allow access to SEE and administer the server, however its also used to access the DIRECT AGENT from the gateway server, when you click the server this port must be in the firewall to allow access on the DIRECT AGENT server to allow you to "login" even though there doesn't appear to be a local active web server on this port, its still used from the gateway server.

For the Direct Agent server to appear in the Gateway web server (to click to gain access), it discovers this via the CIM Service on the direct agent, so this port has to be in the firewall before it will show up in the gateway server as a "server" to access, it will show up without port 2463 being active, but then you cant login to it. If port 5988 is closed but its still in cache on the gateway server you CAN log in, but it will never be re-discovered once it disappears.

So clearly there is a discovery happening at intervals which is looking for servers on port 5988 (which isn't documented as i asked this question "how do i add servers to the gateway server", clearly there is an auto discovery interval looking on that port for servers).

The above is what i have found in testing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

Thank you very much for the updated information. I will pass on the information to our engineering team.

Again thank you for the information.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

I just wanted to follow up and again thank you for the information.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello (((GRIFFCOMM,

We are following up on a case that is still open with the information you had provided related to RWC3 installation and working, we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution. Since we have not seen an update for 6 days, the case will automatically close after 2 business days. You can still re-open the case by logging into your web portal or replying to this email so that all previous interactions around this case will carry through

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos