Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel S1200SPLR board video output issues (Black Screen)

idata
Employee

I am yet another person having issues with the very vague video options for this mainboard.

I cannot get the Processor Graphics to work. Once windows gets to the login screen it goes black. It does not matter if I select VGA port or Display port in the bios. The screen will work without issue all the way up to the Windows login screen. Then I simply get a black screen. If I use 3rd party remote control software to connect to the machine, it shows only the P530 graphics controller in the device manager, and the Intel Tray icon appears. But the only screen the Intel Graphics settings detects is an "Intel Widi". The physical display is black though.

If I select "OnBoard Graphics" in the bios it works when booting to windows and I can see the login screen and can use the PC as per normal, but I am assuming I am using the Matrox Controller which is really slow.

My Intel Xeon Processor (E5-1225v5) supports processor graphics (P530).

Short Version:

When I select "Processor Graphics" in the bios the only device in the display section of device manager is a P530 Graphics controller and I get a black screen when I am supposed to get the windows login screen.

When I select "On Board Graphics" in the bios both the Matrox G200 and the Intel P530 are listed in the device manager and I can use windows without issue. (But slow graphics)

I have also noticed that when I use 3rd party remote access software, and I uninstall the graphics driver, the physical display shows up. But as soon as windows installs the display driver again, the screen goes black.

Intel, you are supposed to be a leader in technology - Why are you having issues like this??

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Please help us providing some additional information:

Can you please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Xeon processor?

Have you tried installing the latest video graphics drivers? If so, did you download the drivers from the Intel® website? Please click here for more https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88350/Intel-HD-Graphics-P530 information.

What operating system are you running? Is this a new installation?

Have you tried testing the graphics on safe mode?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Xeon processor?

- Xeon Processor (E5-1225v5) supports processor graphics (P530) as mentioned in my post

Have you tried installing the latest video graphics drivers? If so, did you download the drivers from the Intel® website?

Yes - The latest windows 10x64 drivers from the Intel website.

What operating system are you running? Is this a new installation?

Windows 10 x64. I have tried both version 1709, and 1803. Same problem.

Have you tried testing the graphics on safe mode?

Yes. It works fine in safe mode. I can see the desktop and use the PC. Just on lowered resolution which is to be expected.

Some extra things I would also like to point out

- When it starts up and I get a black screen, the screen is actually active. It's not in standby mode.

- I have used a completely other identical mainboard with the exact same issue.

- A fresh re-install of the operating system does not help. Same issue.

- I'm going to try Ubuntu linux (I absolutely need windows 10 to work though)

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the additional information,

Please try to manually install the graphics drivers, click https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html here for more information.

If the problem continues, try testing with a different operating system.

Regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

We are following your problem and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ubuntu works with both graphics selected. Very slow with the Onboard M200 selected though.

I need to try and manually install the graphics driver in windows now to see if that helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Please keep us posted with your findings.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

We are following your problem and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

In case you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Regards.
0 Kudos