Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel S3200SHV

SKuzn
Beginner

Supports the Intel s3200shv motherboard EFI/UEFI boot ???

Can i install Windows Server on GPT disk?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

I understand that you want to confirm if the Intel(R) Server Board S3200SHV support UEFI/ EFI and GPT disks. I can confirm that the server does support EFI, this can be verified in the Technical Product Specification located https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s3200sh/sb/e14960009_s3210sh_tps_r1_8.pdf here.

I'm still trying to confirm if the server supports GPT type disks; I will update the post as soon as possible with the information.

Best regards,

Intel(R) Technical Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

Can you please indicate which Windows Server and Hard Drive are planing to use with this server?

regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support
0 Kudos
SKuzn
Beginner

Windows Server 2008 R2 (standart) x64

WD WD2003FYYS 7200rpm RE4 2.0Tb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

Thank you for your quick response.

Based on Microsoft Support site, there is an issue when trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 (standart) x64 in a disk that has GPT. But, there is resolution to prevent this issue. Please use the information from the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/975535/you-cannot-install-windows-server-2008-r2-on-a-computer-that-uses-efi

Please let me know if there is something else we can help you with.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if the information helps or if you still need more assistance with the case.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

I'm following up with you to see if the information helps or if you still need more assistance with the case.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kuznetsov,

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos