Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel S5000PSL Amber Light

ACode
Beginner

I had been saving up for about 6 months and finally ordered a xeon x5460, S5000PSL, a 550w Psu, and 8gb ddr2 fb-dimm ram. I also got a molex to 4pin adapter for the other 4pin. when assembled with heatsinks both cpus and both ram, it gives a green and blue light for about 10 seconds, then it goes to green for another 2 seconds while flashing amber 4 times as well. after all that, it ends up staying in this light sequence, amber, blank blank, blank, red, green. it then continues to stop the cpu fans for a few seconds, then starts making the fans go slow then faster then faster then once again faster and they stay like that. it does not beep or output to the monitor!

Please help I have been waiting my life away for this!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Avid,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you configured an Intel(R) Server Board S5000PSL, but it stays at an amber light without doing anything else.

Based on this information, have you tried the system on basic configuration? Meaning, one CPU and one memory stick.

Is the memory using is part of the memory tested list? You can confirm that https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s5000psl/sb/s5000psl_memlist_rev_47.pdf here.

Please let me know your results.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support

ACode
Beginner

I have not tried one cpu but I have tried one ram, no add on card and no HDD. The ram that I have in it is not marked on the list provided above, but the seller I received it from, in the item description, claims that it works with the motherboard I have and the seller's item has high reviews,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

Can you please test the system with one CPU, when testing the memory, please try first one CPU and no memory, confirm if the system generates beeps; and then test the system with one CPU and one memory stick.

Please let me know your results.

Best Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
ACode
Beginner

I will try this setup shortly and let you know of the results, thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Avid,

Looking forward to your results.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
ACode
Beginner

I have the results, I tried One CPU, one ram, and no addon card or HDD. I got different error lights every time I restarted it! so it is reasonable to say my motherboard is faulty! or its the very unlikely chance that both my CPUs are no good, which is very HIGHLY unlikely. I am considering ordering a new Motherboard soon, thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hollo Avid,

Thank you for your response.

Please let me know if there is something else we can help you or if we can go ahead and close this case.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
ACode
Beginner

No, I am good... for now! thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Avaid,

In that case I will proceed in closing this case. Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support. Feel free to contact us any time.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos