Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel S5400SF CPU Change Causing Errors

IOgou
Beginner

Intel(R) Server Board: S5400SF

Intel(R) Server System: SR1560SF

System BIOS: S5400.86B.07.00.0033

BMC Firmware Revision: 0.11

HSC Firmware Revision: 2.09

SDR Revision: SDR Package 11

I recently purchased new processors for my server. I was previously using 2 L5410s, and purchased 2 Xeon X5492s (matched pair).

I do know that the official compatibility does not list the X5492 for this board, however I noticed on the product specification pages that the X5492 only works on the same chipset and server system that the board works on (pictures attached).

However, that is not my current concern.

When swapping to the X5492s, the server fails to boot and I get 3 long beeps from POST. I looked it up, and every solution says its a memory issue.

I tried rebooting with only 1 DIMM chip, 1 pair, etc, but nothing has worked so far. When I switch back to the L5410s, the server boots perfectly.

I know that this board and CPU are no longer supported, but any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Iscar Ogourousis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board is end of interactive support (EOIS), please visit our website for assistance:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000sf-family/intel-server-board-s5400sf.html Intel® Server Board S5400SF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board is end of interactive support (EOIS), please visit our website for assistance:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000sf-family/intel-server-board-s5400sf.html Intel® Server Board S5400SF

0 Kudos