Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Intel® Server System R1304GZ4GC and Intel Integrated RAID Module RMS25CB080

cdabb
Beginner

hi there,

new user here

I have recently purchased a R1304GZ4GC 1u server with the integrated raid controller. Unfortunately im after something that can support JBOD disks so i can manage the disk with software. I know im loosing out on performance but im comfortable with software raid systems.

I updated all the Bios Firmware for the system with success when i first got it. Im going to use the onboard sas controllers

I would like to remove the module and battery backup unit but when i removed the module the system would ramp up the fans to 100% on the one side. The server BMC web health status shows a BMC error.

BMC FW HealthManagement Subsystem Health

'' sensor has failed and may not be providing a valid reading - Asserted

So its complaining about the temp sensor on the module missing as i have physically removed it. Should this actually throw a error in the first place? If so how do i get the server to not look for it, is there a BMC reset/refresh/rescan option im missing in the bios.

If someone could point me in the right direction to overcome this error i would be grateful, i have replaced the raid module and things are back to normal. But i would like it removed and sold on so its at least put to good use somewhere.

Thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Craig,

It should have not been an error in the first place, I would recommend clearing the logs in the BIOS and compare results from there.

If the issue continues, I would recommend running the firmware again without the RAID controller and compare results.

Regards,

Dave A.
idata
Community Manager

Were you able to run the firmware again and compare the results?