Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel server board S2600CW2SR Powering

EAjis
Novice

I am building a server setup with 2 xeon e5 2690-v4 processor. on S2600CW2SR board , using BGear Powerminer 1200W PSU

The pc won't start, just getting error beep 1-5-4-4 and 1-5-4-2 despite the fact that the 24 Pin moptherboard and 8 Pin CPU are connected

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee

Hello Emmanuel,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

My name is Charlie and I will be assisting you today.

This beep sequence indicates a power fault or failure. See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006001/server-products.html

How to fix it:

-Ensure that no loose standoff contacts the chassis, which would therefore cause grounding. This scenario is especially true with brand-new system integrations.

-Remove and reinsert the power supply or power supplies.

-See to it that both Central Processing Unit 1 (CPU1) and Central Processing Unit 2 (CPU2) power connectors are connected even if there isn't a second processor installed.

-If your system supports dual or redundant power supplies, start your computer using a single power supply.

-Test one processor at a time if your board has two.

-Update the motherboard system BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

This could be related to the PSU units, in case this won't fix the issue do you have Intel PSU to test?

We will be waiting for your outcomes.

Charlie V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
EAjis
Novice

Thank you Charlie V.

I will work on the Computer following your advice when i am back home this weekend.

Regards

EAjis
Novice

Good morning Charlie,

I had tried all instruction but no luck , it kept giving same tone

Regards

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

To solve this error you need some technical support. I would recommend you to get help from Intel support team. They can guide with an exact solution.

--

Max

0 Kudos
EAjis
Novice

Thanks Max

Charlie from Intel support technical team had given me some possible way to solve the issue.

Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee

Hello Emmanuel,

Perfect, we will keep the forum open while we wait for your outcomes.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EAjis,

In order to continue troubleshooting this issue, please test a different power supply unit, additionally, test your system with the minimal system configuration.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EAjis,

I am following your case and we would like to know if you need further assistance. 

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
EAjis
Novice

Thanks Sergio for the followup, I had tested the PSU and its working perfectly, I had decided to get another motherboard and see what happen.

Regards

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EAjis,

You are more than welcome, please let us know if you want to keep this thread open or if we can close it.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
EAjis
Novice

Hello Sergio

the thread can be close, many thanks to all that respond to the thread

Warm regards

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello EAjis,

We are going to close this thread as per your request. Please contact us back in case you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos