Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

MFSYS25 Activate Features

DSemy1
Novice

Hello,

I have Blade Servers on MFSYS25, chassis (serial# BZMD90200147).

I have a problem with Switches:

1) Status of Switch2 Firmware and Boot - Software and Boot version UNKNOWN, Switch1 status ok (version 1.0.0...);

2) Both switches "Unmnageable".

Please, help me solve this problem. What I should do?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Let me see how much I can assist you to the best of my knowledge since we discontinued support for this product a while ago. I could not help noticing the error on Switch 2. Have you tried to remove it and see if the other one becomes active?

Are you able to share a Complete System Diagnostics file as well as a screenshot of the possible Actions for the switch?

Regards,

David A.
0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

1) Sorry for my Title of theme and for my English.

When I put off Switch2 other one still have status "Unmanageable".

I created "Compete System Diagnostics", but I dont know where password to file.

2) Oh, and Im sorry for Tittle of my problem. I wanted to get at least activate Shared LUN,

the same for Advanced Management Pack for SysLog feature and StorageManagement Pack.

Our distributor said that he can't help us in this matter.

Best regards, Denis S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for sharing the log file. I noticed a lot of errors with the SCM and with the switch itself even before you upgraded from 6.6 to 6.10.

Additionally, let me see what I can do to get activation keys.

We need to see if any of the error messages we are getting are related to a configuration problem or to a firmware corruption.

Are you able to power down the entire chassis? If so, I would recommend removing the servers, the storage controllers, and the switches. You would need to contact a cable directly to the CMM to have access to the CMM GUI. Once the CMM has booted up, you could insert the first switch and let's see if it is properly recognized.

Then we could start adding one component at the time starting from the SCM1, then SCM2, and continue with one server at the time. Finally, we can insert Switch 2 and see if they are recognized by then.

Let me know how it goes.

David A.

0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

Hello again!

I did all instruction that you gave me twice. But switches (now both) didnt recognizing (unmanageable).

Logs, which I gave you have information about firmware upgrade 6.6 to 6.10. But I upgraded from 6.10 to 6.6., then to 6.10. I thought that downgrade from 6.10 to 6.6 will solve my problem.

0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

For information (maybe help to solve problem): It started 6 months ago when the SWM to get stuck and the servers were unavailable after that.

Now I want to recover chassis with SWM-modules by any method.

I dont have any data on the storages and dont need any configurations. Need only work whole chassis and features.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,

David A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello again,

It is hard to tell if the issue we are facing now is with the firmware or with the switches. At this point, we could attempt to do a firmware recovery or otherwise try to format the SD card.

You can find the information at the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006822/server-products/server-systems.html Cannot log in to CMM for Intel(R) Modular Server

It's been a while since the last time that I ran through this process myself. I no longer have this unit in our lab to run it side-by-side as we discontinued the support for this product a while ago.

Regards,

David A.

0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

Good day!

I tried to do instructions about recovery CMM. But I can't to login... Hyperterminal wrote: ::22 unknown operand...

I want to try to Recover FW.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Just to confirm, are you able to get the Hyperterminal prompt and you get the error when you attempt to log in? or are you getting the error when opening the Hyperterminal session?

It seems that we have exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps that we can think off. It is possible that the issue could be related to the midplane of the chassis.

Best regards,

David A.
0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

Hello!

I get the error when I attempt to log. The hyperterminal I configured successfull, and I have see booting CMM. But when it ask me login and password, I get the error.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

It seems that the issue is related to the firmware itself. Were you able to get to the EBF prompt? At this point, I have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps that I can think of without replacing the midplane.

Regards,

David A.
0 Kudos
DSemy1
Novice

Hello again!

What can I do with microSD card? How can I format or rebuild firmware on it without Hyperterminal?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi again,

There is really no other option to format the SD card without a HyperTerminal session.

Best regards,

David A.
0 Kudos