Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Memory S55000BCR

idata
Community Manager

Dear Sirs,

I have an S5500BCR with already purchased 4 GB ram 1066MHz kit of 2, wondering if i add another 8 GB same 1066MHz kit of 2, will i get 12 GB and what is the correct configuration ???

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If you have one processor installed, populate all 4 slots of that processor. If you have both processors installed, populate the 4 blue slots.

See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5500bc/sb/CS-030217.htm S5500BC TPS, section 3.2 for details.

idata
Community Manager

alright i checked and both kits are supported (KVR1066D3E7SK2-4GI & KVR1066D3Q8R7SK2-8GI), Scenarios tried:

1- 6 GB for the first CPU and 6 GB for the second through Blue slots, i got beeped

2- 6 GB Blue and Black for each CPU, i got beeped

3- Both kits work separately with no problem, but dont work together, i noticed a difference in ranks, so there is my problem, right ??

Regards

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I checked your DIMM specs, and noticed you're mixing UDIMM and RDIMM, which is not supported. That's why you got beeps.