Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

My disk cage mistake and problem

Branko
Novice

First, I want to say that its clearly my mistake...all Intel documentation for P4000 series cases show

either two 4x3.5" cages, or two 8X2.5" cages. I tried to be smarter and install one of both.

Result: they got stuck and I can't remove either of them (nor I can install them properly, 2.5" one can't be pushed in fully).

My question is: how to remove any of them?

IMG_20220824_090902263.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Branko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Model of the server chassis with the issue. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Branko
Novice

Hi,

I bought it on Ebay, it was listed as "Intel P4000 19" server case with 8x SFF backplane, 2x 750W PSU"

From Intel documentation, I think that would actually be P4304XXMUXX case.

Additional 4XLFF backplane cage is FUP4X35HSDK

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III
Interesting, as I have a P4000 setup with an 8 bay on top and a 4 bay on the bottom. I didn’t have any fit issues. I’m also using the tool less ones.

Ray
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Branko,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Branko,

Thank you so much for your response.

Based on the specifications that we have on our end for your components, if the chassis that you have is an Intel® Server Chassis P4304XXMUXX, this one belongs to the Intel® Server Chassis P4000G Family which is not registered as a compatible option for the Drive Kit FUP4X35HSDK that you have, the latter is only compatible with the options shown in the link below:

Pedestal Chassis Hot Swap Drive Kit FUP4X35HSDK (To find the compatible options you will need to go to the Compatible Products subsection of the website)

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/55164/pedestal-chassis-hot-swap-drive-kit-fup4x35hsdk.html

In this case, since we don’t have a tutorial for such a situation, I believe the best thing that you can do is take the system to a repair shop in order for them to look for any viable possibilities of removing the pieces without damaging anything.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Branko,

We are following your case and would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Branko
Novice

Hi, you can close the thread...I even managed to somehow pull cage out without

using too much force, still trying to find how, lol

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III
Hello Branko, the only case I use is the P4000 series, if you need further help, I’ll be more than glad to give you my cell phone number.

Ray Sumperl
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Branko,

I am happy to hear that you were able to pull the cage without any damage.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Josue O.

0 Kudos