Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

NUC6i7KYK with ESXi 6.5 VM network Access

JGill9
Beginner

I have a NUC6i7KYK running ESXi 6.5 with vmnic 100Mb and a vusb 1000MB. I have vSwitch0 with the VMkernal ports (1) on vmnic0 and vSwitch1 with 3 windows 2012 R2 servers.

The vSwitch1 shows all 3 VM's connected to vusb0 1000 Auto negotiate but only one windows server has a network connection. I have tried different setting as well as moving the a VM to the vSwitcho and still have the same issue.

It seems that the first VM that powers up gets a connection but not the next one. I have VMware tools installed and have tried changing the network adapter to VMXNET 3 with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jtgillich,

I understand that you are currently experiencing issues with the Intel ® NUC and vSwitch.

Regarding this, I was reviewing the information you have provided but you did mention that it does get connection. Since that is the case, it shows that the problems is not related to hardware but software instead.

Have you tried contacting VMWare support?

You can actually do this by accessing the link below:

https://www.vmware.com/support.html https://www.vmware.com/support.html

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jtgillich,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JGill9
Beginner

Hi,

I returned it for a replacement. Everything I tried did not work. Will see what happens when I get the new replacement NUC.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jtgillich,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, please let us know the outcome once you receive the replacement unit.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos