Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4895 Discussions

R2308GZ4GC won't boot

Ernie
Beginner
Hi guys,

I've got a 2U R2308GZ4GC second hand and can't get it to boot. 5 DDR3 ram sticks 10600 which test OK with the led indicator on the board (1 didn't which is how I found that)

CPU is 2x xeon 2620 but I've got some 2697s to put in if I can get it going.

It powers on and beeps fast 3 times I get onboard video output with the ability to press a key for about 1 second but then it hangs.

The LED lights on the back say b2h which if you read the manual is either MRC progress code 'gather remaining SPD data' or 'DXE legacy rom init'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ernie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Ernie,

Good Day!

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Community.

Please note that as this product has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. However, fellow community members may have the knowledge to assist you.

Additionally, you may find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful for addressing your request.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Ernie
Beginner
Hi Simon

Thanks for the further information. Hopefully someone knows more than I do in the community then.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers
Ernie
0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for understanding. We will proceed with archiving this case from our end. However, please note that the forum will still be active.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos