Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4895 Discussions

RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E motherboard compatibility

zaqik
Novice

I want to know, can I use Intel® RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E with any motherboard, even non-server or not manufactured by Intel?

I ask because Adaptec devices works with any motherboards, but ASUS and Supermicro adapters tied to their own branded motherboards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello zaqik,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

We understand your question regarding the Intel® RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E, in order to continue with the support we would like to gather the following information with you:

What is the current model of the motherboard you plan to use with the RAID card?

What would be the OS you intent to run in the System?

Once you are able to gather this important information please share it with us, we will be waiting for your response.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
zaqik
Novice

There's no specific motherboard at this time. Let's say it's ASUS P7H550-M PRO, my test setup.

OS will be MS Windows 10, but let's say it's Windows in general, not *nix OS.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello zaqik,

Thank you for sharing these details, we will review the information and will get back to you as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello zaqik,

Thank you for your waiting time, we really appreciate it.

After reviewing the infomration we have listed we were unable to find the board ASUS P7H550-M PRO listed as compatible with the RAID controller.

Intel® RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/99499/intel-raid-adapter-rsp3wd080e/compatible.html

Please contact the manufacturer of the motherboard you intend to use in order to verify the validated and compatible products with the board.

We hope this infomration proves to be useful for you.

we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
zaqik
Novice

The motherboard I've mentioned was just an example. I saw that list. There are only Intel® Server motherboards in it, not a single board from other manufacturer. I repeat my question: is RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E tied to Intel motherboards and will work only with your brand, or can be used with any motherboard?

I'm not asking of compatibility with particular motherboard, I need to know if RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E has limitation to be used just with Intel boards!

Please contact the manufacturer of the motherboard you intend to use in order to verify the validated and compatible products with the board.

This is useless advice to be honest. First, if motherboard supports any PCI-E add-in cards in general, it will support a RAID controller too. If only RAID controller is strictly told by it's manufacturer to work with selected motherboards. Second, all support services of motherboard manufacturers redirects me to your support, support of RAID controller manufacturer. Which is logical, because who other knows have you hardcoded any limitation in your controller or not. 

0 Kudos