Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4895 Discussions

RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E non-Intel motherboard compatibility

pgadmin
Beginner

Since there are only Intel® Server motherboards in the QVL, not a single MB from other manufacturer, I ask: is RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E tied to Intel motherboards and will work only with your brand, or can be used with any motherboard?

I'm not asking of compatibility with particular motherboard, I need to know if RAID Adapter RSP3WD080E has limitation to be used just with the Intel boards! Who else can answer this simple question if not the manufacturer himself?!!

P.S.

community.intel.com/t5/Server-Products/RAID-Adapter-RSP3WD080E-motherboard-compatibility/m-p/1505564#M23008

We hope this infomration proves to be useful for you.

we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

I'm terribly sorry, but no, information you've provided was not useful for me. And since you've claimed you're stopping monitoring the previous one, I'm creating a new topic. Also, it's very kindly of you to ban my previous account, thank you very much, very professional of yourselves.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello pgadmin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that the previously provided information was not helpful for you; however, please bear in mind that we are not responsible for testing nor developing 3rd party hardware along with our products, every manufacturer if interested in having compatibility with any of our components will be the one testing and developing so any of their respective components is compatible with our products, if you are interested in a certain brand(s) you are welcome to contact them directly in order to continue your search for a compatible motherboard. From our end there is no more information to be shared; therefore, we will proceed to close this thread as well.

Important note: In regards to your banned account please have into consideration that the Intel Communities are governed by the terms and conditions that restrict users from using foul or abusive language, or spamming other users with non-related content. If you feel you have been restricted unfairly, contact Intel Customer Support by completing the Sign in Issues form. Your case will be reviewed by our Communities team. This process can take up to two weeks, depending on the situation.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
pgadmin
Beginner

There are some RAID controllers manufacturers who are strictly say: our RAID controllers work ONLY!!! with OUR motherboards! Just like this. My only question is has Intel RAID controllers such restriction, to work ONLY with Intel mobos? This doesn't require any testing, this is just a question about how you design your controllers!!!

we are not responsible for testing nor developing 3rd party hardware

Is my English too bad so I fail to explain what information I want from you? Will Intel RAID Controllers work with non-Intel motherboards in general, hypothetically and theoretically?

0 Kudos