Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4862 Discussions

Server trying to find 1U fans with 2U fans connected

Alex89
Beginner

Hello,

One of my servers is having the issue shown in the picture, even when it is placed in a 2U chasis with 2U Fans, it is throwing a CRITICAL error trying to find another set of FANs. I have updated FRUSDR but its not updating Chasis information, even in recovery mode.

Could someone please help? Noise is above the clouds.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Alex89,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. We understand the importance of resolving the issue you're experiencing with your server's fan configuration. In order to assist you better, we kindly request some additional information.

To start, could you please provide us with the model number of your Intel Server Board? This will help us gain a deeper understanding of your server's specifications and provide more accurate guidance.

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) System Debug Log. This log can provide valuable insights into the issue you're facing. If you're unsure how to collect this log, we have a helpful guide available at the following link: [Intel Server Products - How to collect BMC System Debug Log](https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027943/server-products.html). This guide offers step-by-step instructions to assist you in collecting the necessary information.

Once we receive the model number of your Intel Server Board and the BMC System Debug Log, we'll be able to analyze the situation more thoroughly and provide you with appropriate recommendations to resolve the fan configuration issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that we are committed to assisting you in resolving this matter promptly. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with. We look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Alex89,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out in reference to our previous communication on July 17th, regarding the concern you raised about your server's fan configuration. We value your business and want to ensure we provide the best assistance possible.

First and foremost, thank you for sharing the details about the issue you're facing. Your cooperation in providing the model number of your Intel Server Board and the Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) System Debug Log is crucial in helping us accurately diagnose and address the problem.

However, it appears that we haven't received the requested information yet. We completely understand that sometimes circumstances can delay responses, but we want to ensure that your issue is resolved as efficiently as possible. If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions about collecting the required details, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is here to help and provide guidance throughout the process.

Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we are committed to finding a resolution for you promptly. Your patience is genuinely appreciated during this process.

I'll follow up again in 3 business days (on July 25th) to check on your progress or to see if you need further assistance. In the meantime, if you have any updates or additional information to share, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Thank you once again for choosing Intel as your server provider. We are here to support you every step of the way, and we remain dedicated to resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Alex89,

I hope you're well. We've been trying to address the concern you raised about your server's fan configuration, but it seems we haven't received the requested information.

While we understand that circumstances can cause delays, we're here to assist. However, since we haven't heard back, we will be closing this case. If you still require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for choosing Intel as your server provider. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Alex89
Beginner

Hello Allan,

I´m so sorry for my delay in responding.

My motherboard model is S2600WTTR and S2600WT2R, I have several servers using this.

My processors are E5-2698 V4

Chasis Model is R2000

I have bios version 1.01.10.29, I updated to 1.01.30.29 but did a rollback because FANs where at top speed all the time.

Only in one of the servers I have the issue of trying to recognize 1U FANs. 

In one of the servers I manage to get the FANs working properly and it is really really quiet, exactly what I need for the rest of them, all servers have the same configuration and I have followed exactly the same steps, but somehow they behave differently.

I have updated bios and SDR FRU for all of them.

Kind regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos