Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

RMM3 Remote management module

JTear
Novice

On the S5520UR board, does the RMM3 emulate a USB keyboard, or a PS2 keyboard?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

USB

DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Does it matter for some reason?

The RMM3 uses a USB interface to connect the RMM vitural Keyboard and Mouse.

If you look in BIOS set-up it reports the Keyboard & Mouse there along with any local keyboards & Mice.

JTear
Novice

I wanted to install SCO Openserver 6.0.0 on this system http://www.intel.com/products/server/systems/sr2625ur/sr2625ur-overview.htm http://www.intel.com/products/server/systems/sr2625ur/sr2625ur-overview.htm

The problem was that the installation routine requested input from the keyboard before loading the USB keyboard driver.

I resolved the issue by:

Building a simple desktop system with an IDE controller, 2gb of memory, a standard PS2 keyboard and mouse, and a PCI Express slot.

I installed the LSI RAID controller(LSI00178) in the PCI Express slot along with four 256gb SSD disks and a standard IDE cd-rom, as primary master.

I booted from the SCO boot disk (second cut) and loaded the megasas driver from the SCO maintenance pack 4 device driver cd.

When the installation was complete, I rebooted the system and installed maintenance pack 4, and most importantly installed OSS714 which is a fix for a USB 2.0 problem with systems having more that 4gb of memory, and the network driver package (nd) on the MP4 driver cd.

Finally I installed the RAID controller, and the SSD's into the SR2525UR chassis.

The onboard ethernet chip is not supported, so I substituted an Intel PRO1000MT.

All of the cd's used are available from SCO's web site.