Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

RMM4 Lite only 100Mbit/s?

ASchr6
Beginner

Hi,

I have a S1200BTL + RMM 4 Lite running ESXi 5.5 (Free). As I plug in the RMM4 Lite module, the 82574L NIC (NIC 1) is doing only 100Mbit/s (OS). When I pull out the RMM 4 Lite, then it goes up to 1000Mbit/s. Is this behavior normal? I thought the remote console/KVM will do 100Mbit/s, but the OS will still get 1000Mbit/s?!

Thanks

Arkadius

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel

Where do you see the link speed? I would suggest updating the firmware of your system board as this package includes the update for the RMM4. You may download the most recent package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24323 here.

ASchr6
Beginner

I have already updated the firmware some days ago (with the RMM4 plugged in). Link speed was set to auto in ESXi, here i could see the 100mbit/s. I tried to set it to 1gbit/s manually, but it wasn't able. Data transfer was about 10-12MB/s. I tried some reboots, but still the same issue. I pulled the RMM4 lite module out and everything goes up to 1gibt/s, data transfer about 80-100MB/s.

However, I just plugged the RMM4 module back in again to try some other OS. Issue is solved! Everything at 1gibt/s! I can start a remote session, seeing the bootscreen/desktop and the OS still gets 1gbit. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Apperently pulling the module out and plugging it in again helped somehow.

Thanks

Arkadius