Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4842 Discussions

RS3DC080 event id 195

Reza1334
Beginner

We are getting the following warning on the web console.

I don't think there is a battery on the card, talking with Intel support they referred me to this forum...

is there a battery, when we ordered and installed the card back in 2019 we did not have a cache battery for the card

please let me know if there is a battery needed, what would be the part number for it.

is there a direct replacement recommendation for it?

RS3dc080 error 195.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello Reza1334,

I hope you're having a great day!

If you installed the card back in 2019 and it didn't come with a cache battery, it's possible that the card you're using doesn't require one.

The message "195 W BBU disabled; changing WB to WT" indicates the following:

1. The Battery Backup Unit (BBU) is not connected or not fully charged.

2. If Write-Back (WB) mode was enabled before the BBU charge, it will be automatically re-enabled after the charge.

The recommended actions are:

1. Wait until the BBU is fully charged before rebooting the system.

2. While the BBU is charging, you can still use Write-Back mode through the Bad BBU mode under RAID Web Console2. However, please be aware that an unexpected power failure may result in data loss.

Please find the attached link :

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/intel_raid_basic_troubleshooting_guide_v2_0.pdf

Please find the attached Intel® RAID Software User Guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/intel_raid_basic_troubleshooting_guide_v2_0.pdf

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Reza1334,

Greetings for the day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Reza1334,

Greetings for the day!

We have not received a reply from you , and as such, we will be closing your case.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this community post and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos