Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4898 Discussions

Intel S2600WT add-in PCI-x GPU - which riser can I use?

TsutomuShimo7
Beginner

Hi community,
I know that PCIx GPU add-in can be used with A2UL16RISER2 what I want to know is if I can install it successfully with A2UL8RISER2 because I already have AUX 12V 4pin to 6 + 6+2 pin GPU power, I can get RISER8 cheap from a friend and RISER16 will cost me much more.
Is it possible to get a working GPU with RISER8?

RISER8 has 8x elec 16x mech
RISER16 has 16x elec 16x mech

I'm not planning to run some very high power hungry GPU, but still it requires external 12V 6 + 6+2 power.
Also not going to use it to full extent for some GPU intensive applications.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TsutomuShimo7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your question:

Please refer to this Product Brief and the Technical Product Specification for the Intel® Server Board S2600WT.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TsutomuShimo7,

We are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended or if you have further questions or clarifications regarding this case.

Else if none, we will proceed to close the thread.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel. Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Looking forward on receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello TsutomuShimo7,

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos